Port De Soller Mallorca

Port De Soller Mallorca
Sunset

Friday 30 March 2012

An Anniversary Post


Well my friends, what does one say on their anniversary.  Oh! if you missed it, it is two days away from April and it was in April 2011 that I took the plunge and started blogging, yes I know, there are some out there who wish that I had never started but conversely there are a couple of folk who keep coming back.

I know this because this blogging thingy has a little gadget that tells you how many visitors have popped in and had a look at my musings,  and, as I write this there has been over 12400 visitors to the site which, for me at least, is astonishing, as most of what I throw out there is normally met with a sorry shake of the head by my wife of, -  talking of whom did I tell you that come April 17th I will have been stuck with Ishbel in marriage for (oh! god I hope I get this right) -  36 years, plus the couple of years before we got married, so in fact two anniversaries, one to celebrate and one to commiserate.......... commiserations are of course to the readers of my blog who pop in and are expecting something better and not to, well you know what I mean - shutting up now about this ........................

And of course it is astonishing when I look back and see that in April 2011 I had 80 visits and then I think in May I went back down to the twenties, so to be averaging over 1800 visits per month now, low compared to many but still astonishing for me.

The first post seems to have got mixed up somewhere and now has ended up in October, I have no idea, and it consisted of two paragraphs, read it here.

The next couple of blogs were the same and the third one also ended up being republished in October, again I have no idea why! The last one I wrote that month was Is blogging easy, is it for everyone?

When I still had no idea what I was going to blog about.  Some might say that I still have no idea, but it's mine and so to that, tough, and I have reproduced another one from that first month for you below.

The one thing I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, is that through blogging and Twitter I have met some fantastic people and I get to read their blogs, those that do them.  Some do it much more regularly than I and most do it with a great deal more interesting and with a degree of erudition than I can only ever aspire to.

So if you are a regular visitor, thanks and if this is you r first visit, take a moment to check out the pages I post a lot of rubbish but there are a couple of good ones in there, or so I am told, and thanks for being my friend

Oh you can also check out my favourite blogs to visit over there on the right of the page at BLOGS I FOLLOW AND SO SHOULD YOU




Do these tickle your fancy or sense of perverseness?

Things that I have seen or read this week that have amused, annoyed or just plain irritated me, what do you think?

27 year old Sales manager and her sister give an interview to a national paper, accompanied by photos of the sisters, about the disgust they feel for their estranged father who, apparently, is about to be elected/appointed as the local mayor and who is a member of the British National Party. I can't confirm which, as I got bored with the story after reading this quote,

" “We’re changing our surname. I can’t mention it at work in case I have to discipline someone and they say I picked on them because my dad’s a racist.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/04/24/we-disown-first-bnp-mayor-to-be-say-his-own-daughters-115875-23081971/#ixzz1KQTuvxxo

Now, the key parts of the quote are: "We're changing our surname." But, here we are anyway selling [presumably] our story to a national newspaper WITH ACCOMPANYING PHOTOGRAPHS, so that you will always know who we are........

and, "I can’t mention it at work in case I have to discipline someone and they say I picked on them because my dad’s a racist.” but, here we are anyway selling [presumably] our story to a national newspaper WITH ACCOMPANYING PHOTOGRAPHS, so that you will always know who we are........

Is it Me? or are these people just so dumb that they don't know what they are saying, or is it that the tabloid press is so dumb that they just write crap.....

Came across these in my computer and thought they could do with a repost:


SALAD DODGER.
An excellent phrase for an overweight person

SWAMP-DONKEY
A deeply unattractive person

* TESTICULATING.
Waving your arms around and talking bollocks

* BLAMESTORMING.
Sitting round in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible

* SEAGULL MANAGER.
A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves

* SALMON DAY.
The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die.

* CUBE FARM.
An office filled with cubicles

* PRAIRIE DOGGING.
When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people ' s heads pop up over the walls to see what ' s going on. This also applies to applause for a promotion because there may be cake

* SINBAD.
Single working girls. Single income, no boyfriend and desperate

* AEROPLANE BLONDE.
One who has bleached/dyed her hair but still has a ' black box '

* PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE.
The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again

* AUSSIE KISS.
Similar to a French kiss, but given down under

* OH - NO SECOND.
That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you ' ve just made a BIG mistake (e.g. you ' ve hit ' reply all ' )

* GREYHOUND.
A very short skirt, only an inch from the hare

* JOHNNY-NO-STARS.
A young man of substandard intelligence, the typical adolescent who works in a burger restaurant. The ' no-stars ' comes from the badges displaying stars that staff at fast-food restaurants often wear to show their level of training

* MILLENNIUM DOMES.
The contents of a Wonderbra, i.e. extremely impressive when viewed from the outside, but there ' s actually naught in there worth seeing

* MONKEY BATH .
A bath so hot, that when lowering yourself in, you go: ' Oo! Oo! Oo!
Aa! Aa! Aa! '

* MYSTERY BUS.
The bus that arrives at the pub on Friday night while you ' re in the toilet after your 10th pint, and whisks away all the unattractive people so the pub is suddenly packed with stunners when you come back in

* MYSTERY TAXI.
The taxi that arrives at your place on Saturday morning before you wake up whisks away the stunner you slept with, and leaves a 10-Pinter in your bed instead

* BEER COAT.
The invisible but warm coat worn when walking home after a booze cruise at 3:00am

* BEER COMPASS.
The invisible device that ensures your safe arrival home after booze cruise, even though you ' re too drunk to remember where you live, how you got here, and where you ' ve come from

* BREAKING THE SEAL.
Your first pee in the pub, usually after 2 hours of drinking. After breaking the seal of your bladder, repeat visits to the toilet will be required every 10 or 15 minutes for the rest of the night

* TART FUEL.
Bottled premixed spirits, regularly consumed by young women

* TRAMP STAMP
Tattoo on a female (of course this does not apply to my wife, youngest daughter or at least one of my gorgeous nieces'.)

* PICASSO BUM.
A woman whose knickers are too small for her, so she looks like she ' s got 4 buttocks

3 comments:

  1. Do you know that it's my husband who told me what a 'tramp stamp' is? My response - How dare you know that?!?

    Funny and congrats! I'm popping open a bottle of bubbly for you! And baking a chocolate cake which you can't eat. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, bless. Ishbel got two in her 40's a little devil on her shoulder and a humming bird on branch across her lower back, they do look good, but I have never been tempted even although a tattoo artist who has a shop where I work keeps offering to do one on me for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, brother. :) Just stopping over to see how things are.

    Congratulations on both accounts. Almost forty years together! You two must be doing something right.

    Glad we've had the opportunity to meet out here in the blogosphere. I hope we're both still here when I can say I've been with my wife forty years.

    That's a little over thirty years from now, but if you and I keep dropping that weight, I think we can make it!

    Chat soon, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete